Support during the holidays
Christmas can be an exciting time of the year for many. But it can also be a challenging time, especially for those living with a mental health problem.
For those of you who might be struggling, or who are supporting someone who is struggling, we’d like to share some ways you can find support over the holidays.
Our opening hours
Kensington and Chelsea Mind will be closed on the Bank holidays:
- Wednesday 25 December 2019
- Thursday 26 December 2019
- Wednesday 1 January 2020
- Elefriends is a really supportive online community where you can be yourself, share and be heard. There is someone on hand to speak to you every night till midnight.
- Samaritans are available to talk 24/7 about whatever is on your mind.
- Healing Minds is a consortium of independent, registered voluntary organisations who provide advice, counselling and support to people living in Kensington and Chelsea.
- Mind’s A-Z of mental health information covers over 100 topics, including coping tips for a range of diagnoses, and ways that family and friends can support.
Community Living Well useful information resource
Community Living Well have produced a useful resource with information on support available over the holidays. It also includes information on activities that are happening and where to volunteer.
For urgent support
Please visit our crisis support page for more information and other ways to get support in a crisis.
If you feel unsafe, remember the emergency services are there to support you so please call 999.
Author: Michelle Jackson
Posted on: 19th December 2019