Mind Community Sheds
Being able to connect with nature has positive mental health benefits.
The Nature Shed is located in Meanwhile Wildlife Garden, where getting involved in nature is the main focus of Shed activities. The Nature Shed helps you build a relationship with nature and with yourself:
- Conservation gardening ~ flora and fauna
- Learning about urban wildlife
- Bird spotting
- Nature crafts
- Green exercise
The Upcycling Shed is located at Acklam Road Workshops.
Upcycling activities involve taking an object that has out worn its purpose and making it into something new. Everyday objects can be restored or repurposed for something new.
With a tutor on hand to guide you, you will gain new knowledge and skills:
- An understanding of the upcycling process
- Painting and varnishing
- How to select and use the correct tools
- Projects will be supported according to your skills level and experience.
- Tools and materials are supplied but you are welcome to bring your own small object to work on.
The Wellbeing Shed is where people get together to talk about mental health, share experience and tips in a relaxed, social setting. Wellbeing subjects are based on the award-winning Mind booklets and chosen from a wide range of topics, which might include:
- What are mental health problems
- How to improve your mental wellbeing
- Understanding seasonal affective disorder
- LGBTQ mental health
- Managing stress
- Complimentary and alternative therapies
- Mindfulness and mental wellbeing