We are getting ready to reopen our onsite services…
For the past 20 months we have been operating under the Government’s guidance for lockdown measures. At the time of the highest Government Covid-19 alert we worked to deliver most of our services remotely and we are now working with new guidance to reopen our services safely.
Under new government guidance, mask wearing became optional from 19th July 2021. However, the same guidance urges caution to avoid the spread of Covid.-19.
To ensure the safety of our staff and service users we have developed the following guidance:
Infection control procedures for activities on our sites:
- We will build on our infection control procedures to manage Covid-19 risk infection
- We will limit the number of people using our premises at any one time to enable social distancing
- We will ask people attending our services to complete a pre-attendance questionnaire
- We will provide masks, face screens, hand sanitizer and gloves
- We will provide lateral flow tests for people attending our services who may feel unwell
- Mind staff will complete lateral flow tests before coming into work
- We will provide individualised equipment, wherever possible
- We will clean down surfaces after use to maintain good hygiene
- We will provide portable screens to provide additional protection when social distancing cannot be maintained
- We will provide disposable cups for drinks
- We will monitor air quality and install air purifiers to improve air quality
- Individuals attending Mind services will be asked to wear a mask
- If you cannot wear a mask for health reasons, we can provide a face screen
- If you cannot wear a mask or a face screen we will ask you to remain socially distanced from other people to ensure yours and their safety
Shared communal areas:
- Unless you are except, we will ask everyone to wear a mask when moving around in communal spaces, including the toilet facilities
We will review our guidance on a weekly basis to take account of any updates and changes in Government guidance to implement the safest possible safety measures.
Our staff have prepared our premises for reopening and we have new air purifying equipment on order. As soon as this has been delivered and installed, we will be ready to onsite services, subject to the safety measures outlined above.
Author: Mary Fotheringham
Posted on: 13th August 2021