Learn to be Mental Health Aware
Kensington & Chelsea Mind are working with Kensington & Chelsea Social Council (KCSC) to deliver a free mental health training course to people living or working in North Kensington as part of KCSC’s ongoing self-care programme.
The half-day course will be offered online between now and March 2022 and is an accredited training developed by Mental Health First Aid (England) (MHFA) called Mental Health Aware.
Be Mental Health Aware
The training offers:
- Facilitation by qualified and experienced instructors
- A 3.5hr online session of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- A maximum group size of 25
- A manual and workbook for every participant to keep for future reference
- A certificate of completion from MHFA (England) stating that the participant is ‘mental health aware’
What participants can expect to learn:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Where to go for advice and support locally and how to get help in a crisis
Who is it for?
This training normally costs £150 but is being supported by funding from West London Clinical Commissioning Group (NHS) so that it can be offered as a free programme to help build confidence and resilience around mental health in our community.
Half the courses will be open to individuals who meet the eligibility criteria of living or working in North Kensington.
The remaining courses are on offer to groups and community organisations based in and serving the area who would like to develop their capacity to be mental health aware. Your group would receive:
- A bespoke Mental Health Aware training course for up to 25 of your members, staff and volunteers to run at a time that works for you
- A named Mind contact who will facilitate 2 follow up mentoring sessions to help embed your new mental health skills in your group
- Ongoing advice and information through Mind’s dedicated support line
Click the date you require and follow the instructions:
For more information or enquiries, contact Jill on 07944 527 107 or [email protected]
Author: Stewart Gillespie
Posted on: 9th April 2021