Mind believes that people are at their most powerful when they are fully engaged and have a say in issues that affect their lives…
Mind Service User Network (SUN)
Our Campaigning Aims
- To foster a better understanding of people suffering from mental distress
- To ensure that users and survivors of mental health services have a direct say in influencing, shaping and delivering local mental health services
How the SUN is organised
The activities of the SUN are organised by volunteers. The work of the SUN is coordinated by a full time staff member.
There are a number of ways you can become involved, depending on your level of interest.
- You can become a member and receive a monthly Newsletter
- You can attend the monthly Members Meetings
- You can volunteer to become actively involved in helping to run the SUN
SUN members meetings are held monthly and these are open to anyone who would like to hear more about local services, campaign about mental health issues and meet and socialise with other members.
Why you should join
The SUN is a vital part of Mind and the Borough’s commitment to user involvement. Membership provides the opportunity for you to have a major effect on mental health policy and service planning and delivery. It also provides a great opportunity to meet new people, develop new skills, build confidence and have fun!
Who can join?
Membership is open and free to service users and survivors living in Kensington & Chelsea.